Monday, September 27, 2010

Another Weekend Away

This weekend Tyler's cousin got married in Georgia. I was super excited to go down and witness my first ever beach wedding.

It met almost all my expectations. I just hadn't taken the HEAT into consideration. There are very big differences between Utah/Idaho and South Carolina/Georgia/the Southeast that I am still adjusting to.


View on the way to Tybee Island, Georgia where the wedding took place


After a gorgeous ceremony for the happy couple, where I admit I did get a little teary-eyed (I left my camera in the truck so there are no pictures....) we headed to Savannah to eat and look around. I am so in love with these old towns!


Emily and Larry posing for a picture

Along the riverfront of Savannah, Georgia

Busy street along the riverfront

It's such a gorgeous town! Look at all these trees just lining the sidewalk

Another beautiful Savannah street

Old church in Savannah...I forgot the name

When we had walked along the river front and had lunch, Tyler and I headed down to Lake City, Florida to deliver a bed to my dear friend and former roommate, Jenny. By this point my camera batteries had died so I have no pictures of my first trip down to Florida.

The one thing I am sad about is that we didn't get a single peach in Georgia or orange in Florida. What is wrong with us??? Oh well, there's always next time. And trust me...there will be a next time. :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

How fun that you're getting to explore a new part of the country -- and with friends & family to visit while you're there. That's the best way to do it, I think. =)