Sunday, July 25, 2010

When It's Right...

If you're like me...sometimes you wonder:

Will this really work out?

Oh gosh, this will never happen.


My life is so hard.

(and my personal favorite...) WHY ME?!

But I am happy to announce that since we prayerfully made the decision to move to South Carolina, I was able to come to some very wonderful conclusions about those comments/questions I often ponder.

*Will this really work out? Yes. 9 times out of 10 it won't be the way you expected...but it will work out. Especially if you are doing your best to make it work.

*Oh gosh, this will never happen. Don't be so pessimistic! If it's right, it will happen. And you should know whether or not it's right before you start into it. If you're not sure? Hello! There are a million ways to figure out whether or not you are making a grand mistake or a smart choice. List pros and cons, ask advice, pray!

*My life is so hard. Yeah, maybe so. But it could be so much worse. It helps to play the game I taught one of my clients. When you are stuck in a situation you don't like, or have to do something you don't enjoy/want to do, you just list all the ways (silly or not) that it could be worse. Example? I sure hate packing. But at least I'm not 6 months pregnant while I'm doing it. And at least I don't have to leave most of my stuff because it won't fit in a covered wagon.

*Why me? Well...why not? I have to keep reminding myself that God will never ever give us something we can't handle...and when we think we can't handle it? Try harder...oh, and ask for His help. :)

The past few weeks have been busy, stressful, crazy, happy, and full of miracles I never expected to experience. When it's right, it's right, and nothing can stop it from happening when you are doing your very best!

2 comments:

Jump :) said...

AMEN i'm so proud of u!!!

Megan said...

Well said!