I have discovered that even in Wyoming, there are some pretty bits. I wish the picture showed you that there almost seemed to be purple on this plateau. And one thing I will give Wyoming credit for is the beautiful rolling sky that just goes on forever.
Here we are in Nebraska. I like that I got the windmill in the picture. I feel like that is the epitome of Nebraska. Rolling hills and windmills. Oh, and cows.
We entered a tiny bit of Iowa in our travels and the very first thing we saw was a sign warning us that we couldn't use the right hand lane because of flooding. And here it is...the Missouri river took over the road. Yikes!I was very excited when we stopped in Missouri and I got to see my friend, Vanessa, who has only been off her mission a few weeks.
And we had breakfast with Tiffany as well. I'd almost forgotten she lived in the same town in Missouri where we were spending the night! (please disregard how nasty I look. Remember this is the beginning of travel day 3)
I was super excited that we would be driving by the St. Louis Arch. So I whipped out the REAL camera for this. And still got crappy pictures. It is rather challenging to drive on the freeway, watch for cars, follow a U-haul AND snap pictures.

I was always a little bit happier when we were on the wide open road again. The city driving made me nervous. I didn't want to get separated from Tyler or get in an accident or...well, anyway...here is a picture of Indiana. Very pretty.

We also spent a night in Kentucky and there was a lot of this rocky mountainy type stuff there. It was pretty!
And guess what folks! We also drove through Tennessee and saw the Smoky Mountains. I love the Utah mountains, I really really do. But I have to say that the Smoky Mountains are at least 3 times as green...and that is a little bit breathtaking!
3 comments:
Yay! You've now done something that I've never done, drove across the country :) congrats friend! :D
Beautiful! And i am glad to hear you made it. Hope all goes well with unpacking and settling in. And I hope you love your new home!
Glad to hear you made it safely there! I enjoyed seeing glimpses of the states as you passed through. I've been to the St. Louis arch {very claustrophobic inside, I must say!}, but I flew there so I've never seen all the pretty spots in between Utah and there. =)
Post a Comment