Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

I had an amazing Easter weekend. There are only two things that could have made it better. 1-No snow...and 2-my husband. But all things considered, it was fantastic. And thanks to Spring Break for all my clients at work, it started early.

Friday I spent the day in the Salt Lake/West Jordan area. My friend Stephanie and I (and her baby Garret) went shopping for an outfit for my sister-in-law's wedding in May. After a successful shopping trip, we went to Steph's house and visited. Later, when she got off work, our other friend Sarah, joined us. It was nice to catch up (and see Sarah's baby bump!).

That evening I went to the Salt Lake temple with my family and witnessed my cousin and his wife get sealed for time and all eternity. What a beautiful promise! It was a nice reminder of my own sealing, and the covenants Tyler and I made.

Saturday and Sunday my family watched General Conference. We are very blessed to be able to watch it on television from the comfort of home. The messages of the general authorities really touched my heart, and I'm so glad that I was prepared for what they had to say.

Easter morning I woke up to this outside my window:


The good news is that by the afternoon, most of the snow had melted. Still, I was not amused.

And here is a picture of some of my Easter loot (the stuff from my mom...this doesn't take in the stuff from my husband or my mother-in-law...I was super spoiled this year!)


Between conference sessions on Sunday, I spent some quality time with my brothers. Of course we HAD to take a few ridiculous pictures...


We also played Harry Potter Uno. Which, in my opinion, is the best form of Uno. Unfortunately, I don't own it and now it's a collector's item so I can't find it for much less than $80. And I don't quite love the game that much!


We won't mention who won most of the games *cough, cough...Tenika...cough, cough* Or who lost most of the games *cough, cough...Devin...cough, cough* We had a lot of fun...

Even Selwyn joined in!

Being with family made my Easter truly magnificent. But of course we can't forget the reason behind Easter. It's more than just yummy candy (best of the year!) or family dinners...it's about the world's greatest show of love. The Atonement of the Savior, which allows us all to return to our Heavenly Father again someday, and be with our families forever.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate!