Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Very Good Weekend

I've had some good times since my last post. Thursday evening I picked Tyler up from the airport. It was soooo fantastic to see him. I don't think either one of us could stop smiling all night.

Friday Tyler had to make sure that his truck was still working after sitting in the cold for three weeks without being run. He got it started, but there was a "lake" of ice underneath the truck, and our wimpy two wheel drive wasn't enough to get him out of it. So I was driving and he was pushing and...thank goodness our neighbors decided to come offer us a hand. They actually rescued the truck twice that day.

While we were working with the truck, my coat broke. One of the buttons tore right off. As a result, Saturday afternoon we went to Idaho Falls to search for a new coat in the end of season clearance. And...we found this beauty:
I love clearance sales! After our shopping was complete we went to dinner at Red Robin. I always forget that I actually like their hamburgers. Next time I promise to remember. I think Tyler gets tired of having to share his meal with me. Poor guy. We went and saw Avatar in 3-D after dinner. I find 3-D super cool.

Oh, and an amazing thing happened when we were at Target....we found TimTams! I almost cried, I was so happy. Before now, we've had to get them shipped from New Zealand, or spend a fortune at a specialty store...and I don't even know of any specialty stores in our area. So this was a nice find. We bought several packages and had TimTam Slams Sunday night.
And...today was a sad day for Tyler. Well, partially happy, partially sad. The happy thing was that I cut his hair for him. It amazes me just how fast his hair grows. I should have taken a picture of the pile of hair on our kitchen floor. Yuck! The sad thing is that he had to shave off his goatee and mustache so that he could go on campus and talk to an academic adviser. BYU-I has a "no facial hair" rule as part of their dress and grooming standards. Here he is all clean shaven:
We've had a good weekend. It's been so nice to be together again. I know it was only three weeks but...any time apart sucks!

Now on to a new week and we have lots to do! The chip in our windshield became a crack on Saturday night, so we have to buy a new windshield. Also, Tyler is planning on changing his major, and we may also be looking at changing universities. There are some serious decisions in the process of being made. I will keep you all updated!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had lots of fun! I personally love red robin, they have bottomless strawberry lemonade refills (among other good qualities)! What is Tyler's major now and what is he thinking of changing to?? And what new university???

Cassott Kinghorn said...

Wow! A very eventful weekend indeed! Good luck with scary adult decisions friend. Sorry I stink at being social. I can't wait for this semester to be done! Then I can have a life again...at least I plan to, we'll see if it actually happens... :D

The Arnolds said...

When you get your new windshield go through Diamond Glass if they are available up there, They were freaking amazing when we got ours done and about 20 dollars cheaper then everywhere else we looked!

Courtney said...

I am so happy for you that he is back. I would have hated it, 3 wks is a long time!!! I am glad to hear you guys had such a good time together and hopefully he doesn't get another job like that, at least for awhile! Yes, keep us updated, maybe you will be back here!