I have wanted to post something for a few days now, but there hasn't really been much to post. However, yesterday something happened that I can write about! I don't have pictures, but I encourage the use of your imagination.
My poor husband has been jobless for about a month now. He has been getting very restless at home, even though he does laundry and makes dinner every night. Also, he's waiting on hearing about work and so checks his email almost compulsively...only to be disappointed each time. I thought I'd help him out, so two nights ago I sent him a special email with an assignment:
Dear Mr. Dennis,
It has come to my attention that you are in need of temporary work. I have a proposition for you. I have recently acquired some extra hours and am finding myself unable to meet all of my obligations. I hoped that you would be able to help me with a few things. I would like to have a romantic evening with my husband, and I find that as I work late into the evening, it is hard to plan something of that magnitude by myself. I am interested in hiring you to help me plan the perfect evening with my spouse.
The details I will leave to your imagination. However, I want the evening to be beautiful, without being expensive. A nice dinner, something yummy for dessert...
Please let me know if you would be interested in helping me with this venture.
Yours Truly,
Mrs. Dennis
Maybe a little corny, but oh well. So yesterday I came home from work to find the table set with a beautiful black and white tablecloth (Christmas present from my mother-in-law!) and a lamp representative of candle light. There was Italian music playing softly in the background (my husband is a fan of Opera, believe it or not). I was treated to a three course meal: salad and bread, spaghetti, and for dessert...homemade ice cream!
My husband spoils me. :)
4 comments:
That is so cute of him!!! You do have a good hubby, and just think he is yours forever! You guys are such a cute couple and you can tell that yor really in love because how much you care for each other!
how fun! :D Yay for married life! Hey, what were you saying about him leaving the country? what is that about??
Hurray for homemade romantic evenings! Go Tyler {& Tenika for thinking up the challenge and presenting it in such a cute way}! =D
What a cute idea!
Post a Comment