Saturday night when Tyler needed a break from his homework, he pulled out his Guitar Hero game and began playing. After a few songs he said to me, "You want to learn to play, don't you?" Knowing that he wanted to take this opportunity to share something with me, I responded, "Yes, desperately so."
And so I learned to play Guitar Hero. It's not half bad really. I'm not a video game person. My family didn't have any sort of game console when I was growing up, and so I never took an interest or learned to play. What I've seen of video games seems to be full of violence...which I'm not a fan of. I did learn how to play Wii and I've decided it's not too bad. Now I can add Guitar Hero to the list of video games I can deal with.
I thought it would be funny to post pictures of Tyler and I playing, so that you can see the comical difference in our reactions.

Tyler is a total pro at this game. He says it's like playing his guitar (which he finds relaxing). So he just takes it easy.

I...on the other hand...get very tense. What if I get a note wrong?! By the time I was done playing, my fingers and shoulders were stiff and sore. It did pay off though. The game told me "You Rock" at the end of every song and I even did TWO encore performances. I was pretty proud of myself. I had no idea I had such good hand-eye coordination!
1 comment:
How fun. You guys seem like such a cute couple. I am the same way about video games... never cared for it, but sometimes it is fun to play together. Good for you, my hand eye coordinatation sucks... I can't ever get that game right.
Post a Comment