My sister-in-law Meagan and her boyfriend Zach came up to visit us this weekend. Zac used to go to school at BYU-Idaho....back in 2005. So to start off our Saturday we took them for a stroll around campus, giving Zach a chance to reminisce.

The gardens were full of beautiful fall colors!


Meagan spotted the perfect place for every one to frolic.
After our walk around BYU-Idaho campus, we went to the park for lunch. The plan was to celebrate Oktoberfest. We had Bratwurst and Rootbeer (plus chips and Peanut M&M's), and we brought our little grill for the Bratwurst.

We tossed around a football while we were waiting for the coals to get hot.

For a while we had an awesome flame! But the wind kept blowing it out. I think we re-lite it about 5 times, and all stood around to try to protect it from the wind. But...it was all to no avail and after approximately an hour and a half, we decided to just cook the Bratwurst in a frying pan at home. Personally I was okay with that because although no one else seemed bothered by the wind...I was FREEZING!!!

We decided it would also be fun to carve pumpkins. We did it as couples. Which is good. I hate knives.

For me, pumpkin carving is a spectator sport.

This is the Jack-o-Lantern that Tyler and I did. Well...mostly Tyler. But I approved the face before he started carving.

Zach and Meagan spent twice as long on their pumpkin, and used it as a tribute to Meagan's favorite football team...Tennessee. It's hard to tell in this picture, but they have the Smokey Mountains in the background behind the "T".

Meagan and Zach with their finished pumpkin.

Tyler and I with our pumpkin.
I can never get the videos where I want them! Meagan's "T" idea was so inspiring that Zach, Tyler and Meagan began singing the Tennessee State Song. And being the sneaky person I am, I decided to record part of it. He he.
1 comment:
Sounds like fun times! =) I'm with you on the pumpkin-carving. Way too many opportunities for injuries! =)
Post a Comment