And this here...is possibly my favorite part of our zoo trip. Watching the penguin do a little water dance. So cute!
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Idaho Falls Zoo
Tyler's younger sister, Meagan, and her roommate, Kelsey, came up to spend some time with us in Idaho. At first was thought about going to Bear World...but that was before we knew it was about $17 a person. So instead we went to the Zoo in Idaho Falls...which was way cheaper. And super fun. I put together a little picture tour...my favorite thing to do when I go places. :)
Here is Tyler and I at the zoo. I love how green and pretty they keep it for the animals.
Here are the penguins. I had to laugh. The "big" attraction at the Aquarium in South Carolina was their new penguin exhibit. We got really excited and...it was four penguins. So here we come to little Idaho Falls, Idaho...and there has to be a dozen or more penguins. Go figure.
This little guy was right next to the glass. He didn't seem scared of me at all. In fact, I think we had a bonding moment. :p
Again, I feel these penguins are sufficiently used to seeing humans, that they are curious rather than scared.
The tortoises were fighting each other for the grass on the other side of the fence (which is of course always greener). Unfortunately, neither one of them will ever win because their shells prevent them from being able to reach said grass.
Here we have a beautiful scarlet Macaw. They had green ones too, but they were further back in their cage. This guy was up close.
Tyler has a lot of fun pretending to be various animals.
I just wanted to see how I'd compare to a Golden Eagle. They are about 3 feet tall and have a 7 foot wing span.
Meagan also checked to see how she compared...though she compared herself to a Vulture and not a Golden Eagle.
At first we thought it was a baby kangaroo, but this little guy is a Wallaby. He was so cute! He had two little buddies, but they wouldn't come up close.
It's a Kookabura...not sure on the spelling of that. He's a pretty cool little bird...I wish he would have sung for us though! Or, I guess it's considered more of a laugh...
This is the baby camel. She got to come out and walk around. Her humps are just cartiledge and when she runs they bounce all over the place...I had no idea!
This is about as close a picture as I could get of the Lioness. She was in a corner...probably to get out of the sun.
The Lion, on the other hand, was sunbathing. And in this picture looks a little bit like he wouldn't mind eating me.
The Tigers were also hiding from the sun and napping. We didn't get to see more than a paw of the Snow Leopard for the same reason. Darn sun!
This monkey just looked so depressed that I had to take a picture. I don't know if it's a normal look for his species or if he just really hates life...but if he does just hate life, I can't say I blame him. He lives in a cinderblock cage painted green. Lame.
All the Flamingos were also hiding at the back of their little pen. And they were all standing around the little baby Flamingo. I don't think you can see him in this picture...he's just little and fuzzy and grey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like a ton of fun. I love going to the zoo! You guys seem to have a fun marriage. Keep it up!
So fun, and the animals are cute especially the human ones :) Missing You!
Post a Comment