In the tumult and confusion that makes up life...I just have to stop sometimes and remind myself how blessed I am.
I have the most fantastic husband in the world. Argue it if you like, but I won't budge in my belief that my husband is the best (or maybe just the best for me...). He is willing to do anything and everything to make sure I am happy and safe. He constantly does little things to show me how much he cares, and I appreciate him more than I can properly express in words.
On top of my handsome, wonderful, supportive husband, I have also been blessed with an amazing family. And now that family has almost doubled in size with my marriage. I have been showered with love from all sides, and it has been wonderful. How could anyone ever doubt they mattered when they have a family like mine?
I've also been blessed with amazing friends. It's so nice to have people call out of the blue sometimes, just to say hi and catch up. And the wonderful thing about all the new technology in the world is that even as friends move away, we can still keep in touch. We can call and blog and facebook and email and video chat...there is no end to the communication sources we have.
Although I sometimes complain about Rexburg, it is a good little community. I feel nice and sheltered here, and sometimes that's a really good feeling. There are a lot of great people, and it's nice to live in an apartment complex full of people who are going through similar things I am going through. As soon as I get to know the people in the area better, I think I will feel far from alone.
And no list of blessings would be complete without saying how blessed I am to have faith in my life. It has been a guiding star in my life to have a belief in something and someone beyond this existence. Knowing that I can pray to a loving Father in Heaven, who wants nothing but the best for me, brings such peace when it feels like the world is falling down on my head.
I have plenty of other things to be grateful for, I just felt like tonight I needed to list a few to help me remember that I have nothing to complain about! My life isn't that bad...thank you to everyone who is a part of helping me remember that. :)
2 comments:
A great reminder to us all. =)
Thanks for sharing. I know you wrote that for yourself, but it helped me as well. I too have been going through some big trials lately and it does help to count your blessings. Thanks!
Post a Comment