Thursday, July 16, 2009

TWO WEEKS LEFT!!!

I am excited to point out that today is the two week mark until my wedding. Hurray! Every time I think about it, I get butterflies in my stomach. One of the residents at work, whose husband recently died, says she hopes I always feel that way when I think about being married and think about my husband. She told me that she never ever stopped being excited about being married to her husband. I thought that was so sweet. The people I have the opportunity to work with, give me hope in marriage. They still talk so sweetly about their spouses, and the ones who still have living spouses are so cute together. They give me a model to go by. It's fantastic.

Wedding plans are mostly done at this point. (One would hope so, huh?) We realized the other day that nothing had been done about music for the reception, so I spent three hours on Google and YouTube the other day trying to find appropriate background music. My sister knows of a website that will take songs you find on YouTube and download them to I-Tunes, so we've put her in charge of making a CD.

I'm still trying to decide what I will do about my hair for the wedding. Originally I had decided it would be fantastic to wear a nice headband. I don't like tiaras or veils, so I thought if I got a headband with diamonds and pearls...that would be nice and would pull everything together. Those things are crazy expensive though!!! So then I downscaled to a nice flower. I've been picky about the flower though. I don't want anything large, and I kinda want it to be a fake flower with red and white, and pearls in the middle. I had thought about making my own, but I can't find any fake flowers that aren't HUGE. So my current options: a) get one of those fake flower clips that you buy for your kids and accept the fact that it's only one color b) wear a huge fake flower c) I found a cute clip that has red shells that look like a flower with pearls in the middle (this is the option I'm leaning towards).

The other big thing that I'm trying to figure out for the wedding is an outfit to wear at my luncheon and at my open house in South Carolina. My first problem is that I'm so super picky. Seriously, people hate going shopping with me. My mom and I hit a bunch of shops the other day and I found two skirts I liked...the one had a black stain (it was in the clearance rack) and the other didn't fit. It seems like the popular style for skirts this year is to have it sitting way high on your waist...above your belly button. And I can't STAND wearing my skirts that high. So I've had less options because I don't like the popular style. But in talking to some of the girls I work with, there are a few more places I can look.

Friday (July 17th) is my last day of work. It is crazy to think that I am leaving for good. Since I started working at Courtyard two years ago, I've been an on again, off again employee. I work for a few months, go to school, come back and work some more, go back to school....the residents got used to my coming and going. And I got really used to it too. In fact, when April rolled around, I was ready to head back up to school and get a break from work for a few months. lol. But this time, it's a real good-bye. Unless Tyler and I randomly feel the urge to move to Provo...which I do not see happening any time soon...I won't be back working here. And even if we DID move back here...I don't know if I'd come back or find another job. I've met some great people and had some fun experiences, and those are memories I will always cherish. You'd better believe I will be back to visit!

Gosh, I still can't believe I am getting married in two weeks! My mom has this fear that we will forget something for the wedding...but I'm feeling okay. The most important thing is the ceremony, and the rest is, as my neighbor told me, "icing on the cake."

1 comment:

Megan said...

Good luck with those last-minute details like finding an outfit & deciding how to do your hair. My hair turned out not the way I'd planned, but we actually liked it better in the end.

Do you have a list of photos you want to make sure your photographer gets? {That's something I regret!! We forgot to take a photo of Bryan & me with my familiy.}