I also took a video of the awesome guy with the two bulls. Seriously, he is a good trainer! This is him getting one of the bulls (I think it's Apache) to jump through a ring of fire. Pretty impressive.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Spanish Fork Fiesta Days Rodeo
So my dad insisted on taking our family to the rodeo last night. And though we were all dragging our feet a bit (my dad being the only one who really likes rodeos), we did end up being mildly entertained. I took some pictures to send to my brother (he hates feeling like he's missing out, so I send him pictures and that somehow makes him feel better). I wish I had a super amazing camera, so that these pictures weren't so blurry, but oh well. Use your imagination.
The horse bucking competition...I don't know if that's the official name...but that's the name I'm giving it. I was just waiting for someone to get their skull crushed. Thankfully there were no major injuries.
Here is a picture of the calf roping. This made my sister and I very sad. Those poor little calves! I would not be happy to have men on horses throwing ropes around my head and legs and yanking at me!
This was the best part of the rodeo. This guy had two bulls (Apache and...I can't remember the name of the other one....) that he's trained really well. I wish I had a video of this. They acted out being on a pioneer trek, and the bottom bull "died", so the other bull and the man started to go on without him. But the other bull couldn't leave his buddy behind, so he crawled back to his friend on his knees and lay his head on top of him and "died", and then the man "died". Those bulls were pretty good actors!
I also took a video of the awesome guy with the two bulls. Seriously, he is a good trainer! This is him getting one of the bulls (I think it's Apache) to jump through a ring of fire. Pretty impressive.
I also took a video of the awesome guy with the two bulls. Seriously, he is a good trainer! This is him getting one of the bulls (I think it's Apache) to jump through a ring of fire. Pretty impressive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So was your dad happy that you all went along? And was there Mutton Bustin'? That's the highlight for me, watching those tiny little cowkids! =D
Yes, there was the Mutton Busting. I was scared for those kids, but they did a good job! I can't decide if my dad was glad or not...cuz when we got home all my brother did was complain. lol.
Post a Comment