Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Weekend

My Fourth of July weekend was pretty busy this year! Tyler came into town, which made it fantastic! Friday morning our family woke up bright and early to see the hot air balloons in Provo. We had done it last year and really enjoyed it. I was glad we could do it again this year. I find it absolutely fascinating! And I end up taking A LOT of pictures...I'll just give you a small preview...

I should have counted how many balloons there were...but you will be able to tell from later pictures that there were quite a few. These were some of the first to take off.

Even though I am terrified of heights, I think I'd like to go up in a hot air balloon...just to see what it's like.

Standing almost directly under the balloon...what a view! The fire they use to keep the air hot is...well, hot! I could feel the heat on my face from where I was standing.

There were a few celebrities there...Tony the Tiger and Smokey the Bear.

There they are...taking off into the beautiful blue sky...Can you see the Bank of American Fork Pig?

So, on Saturday morning when Tyler and I were driving to Logan, we saw the hot air balloons again (they did it the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th). I just had to take a picture. Look at how many there were!

Friday after the hot air balloon show...and after going home and truly getting ready for the day...(we had to get up at 5:45 to get there nice and early, and since I'm not a morning person, I just kinda rolled out of bed for that...)...Tyler and I ran some errands. We have two birthdays in my family this month so we had to get presents for that. We also bought matching ties for the boys to wear at the wedding. Then we went to the vendors in Provo and had lunch in the park.
After lunch, I had a phone interview for a position I'd applied for in Idaho. To be honest, I didn't really know what I was applying for when I responded to the ad, and I also didn't expect to hear back. Well, apparently I applied to be the marketing director at a new assisted living facility in Rigby, Idaho. Intense. The interview was about 30 minutes long, and I think it went well. He had some other people to interview, and he didn't really say when he'd make his final decision. I did talk to him on Saturday afternoon and he said he'd like to meet me in person, which I think means I'm making it into the final group of people he's interested in. The job seems really intimidating to me, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I've been doing a lot of praying and thinking...and I guess it will all work out the way it should. At this point, who knows, he may not even hire me.

Saturday morning Tyler and I got up early again and drove to Logan. That was one of Tyler's mission areas and a lady he knew there had asked him and his companion to participate in a patriotic program she was putting together. She does singing stuff, and had put together a program with patriotic music. They held it in the Logan Tabernacle. It was really, really good! But before the program, we had breakfast at her house. I had grits for the first time. I enjoyed them.

I tried to take a good picture of Tyler, but it was hard. You can't even see him in this picture cuz the guy standing in front of him is too tall. He's the second row up, second person in. I think you can make out the top of his head, and his shoulders.


I promise that I tried to take a good picture! In this one he's just a blur. It was hard to use my zoom and have the flash turned off. My hands tend to shake a lot.

Saturday afternoon we came back to Spanish Fork and had a barbecue at my grandma's house. It was my immediate family, and my uncle's family. We had delicious food and enjoyed just talking. We did do some fireworks that night...but I don't have any pictures of those...sorry.

Hope everyone else had an enjoyable 4th as well!


P.S. I get married in 25 days....WOW!

No comments: