Whenever I learn something new in the gospel, or see something from a different point of view, I get really excited. I had that experience today and I want to share. Maybe I'm the only one who will learn from it, but then again, maybe not.
I took Tyler to primary with me today. In the lesson manual it suggested having a guest speaker, so I thought that would be fun. The lesson was on obedience and Tyler talked about the role obedience played on his mission. I think he really got through to the kids.
He started out by telling them there are a lot of rules, such as getting up at 6:30 am. And he asked them what they thought happened if he didn't get up at 6:30. Did the mission president come and yell at them? They said yes, he said nope. He told them how when they didn't obey it made Satan happy and Heavenly Father sad. And he told them that Heavenly Father couldn't help them if they weren't obedient. They were very reverent and solemn while he talked. I think that was the most well-behaved I've ever seen them. I could see their little brains turning that information over and over. I don't think they'd ever heard it put that way: that obedience isn't just about not getting in trouble with your parents--it's about getting Heavenly Father's help and not disappointing him. And honestly, I'm not sure I'D ever thought about it that way before. When we aren't obedient, we can't really expect Heavenly Father to help us. It's all part of the covenants--if we don't keep our end, Heavenly Father can't keep his.
1 comment:
Love it!! It is true though! Thanks for the invite I remember why I did not accept before I did not have an google account :) Love ya!
Post a Comment