Last weekend I went up to Idaho to spend some time with Tyler. I rushed to get out of work by noon so that I could get to Rexburg before 5, and therefore we could go get our marriage license. In Idaho, they don't expire for a year! And I thought...hey, I have to go up any way, why not get it done?! So I successfully made it to Rexburg before 5, and Tyler and I hurried down to the clerk's office. We open the door and a lady says..."oh no, are you here to get a marriage license?" Yes...as a matter of fact....Unfortunately for us, all the girls that have access to the computers decided to leave early for a baseball game. So...now I will need to make another trip up to Idaho on a weekday before 5 so that we can get our marriage license. Curses!
We did our engagement pictures while I was up in Rexburg over the weekend. That was the original reason I was going up. We found a student who does engagements and wedding pictures for a really good price. And I'm all for saving money. She suggested doing some pictures during the sunset in front of the temple. Cute, right? They were. Minus that we took the pictures across the street from the temple so that we could get the whole temple in and...ha ha. Usually that field has grain but right now it's just plowed dirt. So there will be lots of pictures of us sitting in the dirt. Wahoo! I think it will be okay though.

The next morning we met at the photographer's house to take some more formal pictures with a black backdrop. Then we headed out to take some pictures at a cute old building she'd found online. It was an old "seed house"...whatever that means. It was cute and old with slightly peeling paint and...just perfect. So we started taking pictures, and then a guy drives up in a tractor and asks us if we had permission from the owner to take pictures there. Basically...we got kicked off the property. lol. But not before getting some pictures...hopefully they turn out! Of course, we wanted to make sure we had some good ones. Especially because Tyler decided he doesn't want to use the temple ones.

So we decided to head to the gardens on campus. I'd been a little hesitant to do them there because I find it cliche (everyone takes pictures there) but...oh well. We get to the gardens and...surprise!...they are under construction. Don't worry, not ALL of the gardens. We can just take some by the waterfalls. Then we discovered that the waterfalls were turned off. Instead we just took some pictures in front of some rocks. So the photo shoot was a little disappointing...but I'm hopeful, overall. She posted a few of the pictures on her blog (and I posted them here!!!) and so far, so good.
Then Saturday night Tyler and I went to look at an apartment we were interested in. It's super perfect! Spacious, in our budget (barely, but still in the budget). It's got a lot of perks too. Washer and dryer, cable and internet, 2 bedrooms...and a club house that includes a hot tub, theater room, and exercise room. I don't have pictures of it, but Tyler will be signing the papers soon and we'll be able to start moving our stuff in by mid-June. Yay, we'll have an apartment!!!
Sunday there was a CES fireside being broadcast from right on campus. Elder Bednar was the speaker. We were hopeful that we could get tickets, but you can only get one ticket per student and I'm not a student. Stupid. We watched the fireside from the overflow location instead. And really, that's fine. It's the same fireside and the same spirit. And the seats are probably more comfortable anyway.
I came back to Utah bright and early Monday morning and made it to work before noon. Now it's back to work and long distance for Tyler and I. It's okay, we have less than three months to go before the wedding. We can handle this. Oh, and happy day! Tomorrow will be the one month anniversary of our engagement. Cute.
Then Saturday night Tyler and I went to look at an apartment we were interested in. It's super perfect! Spacious, in our budget (barely, but still in the budget). It's got a lot of perks too. Washer and dryer, cable and internet, 2 bedrooms...and a club house that includes a hot tub, theater room, and exercise room. I don't have pictures of it, but Tyler will be signing the papers soon and we'll be able to start moving our stuff in by mid-June. Yay, we'll have an apartment!!!
Sunday there was a CES fireside being broadcast from right on campus. Elder Bednar was the speaker. We were hopeful that we could get tickets, but you can only get one ticket per student and I'm not a student. Stupid. We watched the fireside from the overflow location instead. And really, that's fine. It's the same fireside and the same spirit. And the seats are probably more comfortable anyway.
I came back to Utah bright and early Monday morning and made it to work before noon. Now it's back to work and long distance for Tyler and I. It's okay, we have less than three months to go before the wedding. We can handle this. Oh, and happy day! Tomorrow will be the one month anniversary of our engagement. Cute.
2 comments:
Yay Tenika! So I was thinking of you all day and realized I need your cell number again I think...is it different now? I'm too scared to call the old number and talk to a stranger...lol. So I was thinking of you because I realized you guys are doing the long distance engagement and I wanted to let you know that once it's over it seems like it never happened. Once I was talking to a friend and she was saying how her brother was engaged and living in a different state than his fiance and I was like, "Wow, that would stink!" Then Scott laughed at me and informed me that we had done that as well. haha. So anyways, this too shall pass friend :) I"M SO EXCITED FOR YOU! We should soooooo be friends :)
Thanks for sharing! Details are fun to read. =)
Post a Comment