Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Crazy and the Restless (get it?)

What a crazy life I am suddenly leading! I think that God is trying to show me how many qualities I am deficient in. One of those is definitely patience.

Things were okay this week in primary because my biggest problem child didn't come. Isn't it awful that I was glad a kid didn't come to primary?! I know that I need to find a way to handle this situation or we will all walk away from church with a bad taste in our mouths. Not good! If anyone has ideas for dealing with a child who constantly demands attention (good or bad) please share!

Work has slow times and busy times. The slow times are really slow and the busy times are insanely busy. Today was a busy day, and there were a few times I thought I was going to scream! I had to deal with a huge scheduling conflict. A family had arranged a flight for one of the residents and then asked me to drive her to the airport...unfortunately I had another appointment at the same time. Having to tell the resident that was not the funnest thing I've ever done, but she was very gracious about it. Thank goodness! I can't tell you how nervous I was to break the news to her. Luckily there are other services that can take a person to the airport.

My grandpa is still hanging in there. It's a huge guessing game for us at this point. My dad says really he could go on like this for months. Every day we wonder if it will be his last. This has been difficult for me for some obvious reasons. (At least, I think they are obvious!) When I think about the so-called "worldly" aspects of having my grandfather pass away, the situation is very upsetting and tragic. However, when I look at it from the eternal perspective--because I DO believe in life after death and I firmly believe I will see my grandfather again--then it's not really so hard to let him go; especially because he is old and has lived a long life.

With everything going on, you'd think I had no time to feel bored...and I don't really. A better word for how I am feeling is restless. I want to make a big change in my life. Now isn't really the right time for quitting my job or moving, so I'm trying to find a small change to satisfy my restlessness. I have been thinking it would be fun to change my hair somehow. I'm not into dying it (virgin hair and proud of it!) or getting highlights (especially because highlights require so much maintenance), so I want to change the style somehow. The problem is that I have short hair already...what can I do??? And please, don't even suggest shaving it off! But if you have any ideas, I am open to hearing them...in fact, I would welcome them!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I have no hair advice :), but for your Primary challenge: what about creating some special responsibilities for this student? Maybe if he/she has a special job, they will be more involved in the lesson & less in disrupting class? Good luck!

Cassott Kinghorn said...

Hair advice...hmm...your hair is too cute. I have no answers for you. Hearing about the primary children and your grandfather you are for surely being taught patience. I would recommend reading in Preach my Gospel and studying the christlike attributes. It's something that helps me focus on how I can change myself and how I can work on some of the problems (like the primary child) and help them. Praying to love a person is always helpful too :) Good luck Tenika!