I've been sitting at home feeling sorry for myself because I can't be with my valentine. Then I thought...well, I still have things to be happy about and grateful for. And that inspired this blog entry...a list of things I love! Okay, a bit corny, but oh well! Of course, I can't list EVERYTHING I love, that would take forever. Nor can I number them in importance. But here it is, a list of things Tenika loves:
~I love singing! Especially Broadway. I dunno, I just love belting it out. I also love singing duets with my sister.
~I love my family. This will be debated, I'm sure, but I feel like I have the best family in the world. My parents are always there for me, always! My siblings are so much fun and honestly they are so sweet. My grandparents are the nicest, most adorable people you will ever meet, and the same goes for my aunts, uncles, and cousins. I have some super fantastic memories with all of them.
~I love my friends. I have been blessed with amazing friends. I've always felt I could turn to them. They are always there for me, with a listening ear, or a smile...whatever I need.
~I love Tyler. Yup, he gets his own bullet point. He is honestly one of the best things that ever happened to me, and I am so so lucky to have him in my life. He's the best.
~I love sunsets. Have you ever sat and watched one? They just creep across the sky, painting it different colors. And the sun becomes this amazing ball of burning orange...it's breath-taking!
~I love snuggling under a warm blanket. I enjoy being warm, so I love the feeling of something cozy and warm that I can curl up under.
~I love food. I'm a pretty picky eater, but when I find something I will eat...I love it.
~I love feeling the warm sun on my skin. Not to the point that I'm turning cherry red and peeling but just when you first walk out into the sun after being inside an air-conditioned building.
~I love reading a good book. Historical fiction is probably my favorite genre, but I'm open to trying other kinds as well. I can really get into books though, and I love that!

~I love helping people. It feels so good to know that you've helped someone else. That's what I love so much about my job! I'm offering a service to people who would be in a bind without me being there. It's so fantastic to hear them say "thank you, I don't know what I would have done without you." I love being able to tell them, "I'm glad I could help" because I am!
~I love listening to kids laugh. Hearing a happy child makes me happy, even on the worst days. Who can be sad around someone so small and happy?!
~I love my religion. There is so much peace to be found in the scriptures, at church...throughout all the opportunities open to me as a member of the LDS church.
~I love my rat. Is that silly? I really do. He's adorable and funny and so much fun. I've grown really attached.
~I love the smell of rain. MMM...what can I say? It just smells so fresh and earthy.
~I love writing. I'm not super good at it, but it's fun to try and express my feelings through the written word. Or make up fun stories about other people. That's fun too.
~I love to learn. I am a very curious person and I enjoy increasing my knowledge. For a while I lost that passion because I was so ready to be done with school but...now I'm really missing it. Learning can seriously be so much fun!
~I love taking pictures. I also love looking through old pictures. They all tell stories, and it's fun to remember them, or if they aren't your pictures...to hear the stories behind them.
So there is just a few things that I love. What about you???
No comments:
Post a Comment