Sunday, January 18, 2009

Not TOO boring!

I was informed by my missionary brother last week that my life is boring. And it's true that I no longer have as many dramatic stories as I used to but...I resent the comment all the same!!!

Maybe my life is a lot of "same old" every day, but I enjoy it. I love the people I am working with at the moment. The older generations have so much wisdom, and the ones I work with have awesome personalities and stories. I'm making leaps and bounds with one lady, who used to stay in bed all day. I love talking to her, but I'm always so sad that she won't get up and do anything. Good news though! Friday she got out of bed! We got her nails done and then a friend of hers came to visit and they had lunch together. I was so happy! Especially because she seemed so happy!

My friend entered the MTC on Wednesday. I'm super excited for her, I know the next eighteen months will be an awesome experience. But gosh, I miss her! Before she left we did a few fun things though...

Saturday my friend Sarah and I picked her up from the airport. We stayed in Salt Lake for a few hours so she could visit with an old friend.




Then as we made our way back to my house, we stopped to visit another friend. We had dinner with her and her husband and caught up on all the news.




Sunday night we had a little get-together with a whole bunch of old friends. Some of whom I hadn't seen since graduation. It was really nice. I don't know when we'll have a chance to be together like that again.











Monday my friend got to come to work with me for a few hours. While we were waiting for one lady at the eye doctor, we got super bored so we pulled out her camera...we got a lot of interesting pictures. lol.

Tuesday she left my house and went to stay with her aunt until she entered the MTC. I've already sent her a letter and a package. It's funny, but I really have to use a lot of self control to keep myself from writing her letters every single day. :p

1 comment:

Cassott Kinghorn said...

Horray for a post! A real live (okay, so maybe not 'live', but very real) update of Tenika's life! :) Thanks pal...but I still want updates on other things. silly nillly. :)