Friday, January 9, 2009

Life is Gooood!

I am such a slacker and haven't updated my blog since Christmas! Bad girl, slap on the hand...

Life is good right now, and I'm super happy. Where can I even begin?

My calling in the ward is official, so I can now share it with everyone. I have been called and set apart to teach primary. My age group are the kids turning eight this year. I felt a bit overwhelmed when I was first asked to accept this calling, but I'm in love with those kids! Already they have taken me into their hearts and made me feel like I belong. Last week was my first week teaching and their depth of understanding amazes me. It's going to be great!

Work is going really well. It keeps getting better and better. Just as I was beginning to get nervous that I wouldn't get enough hours, one of the boys in marketing quit and they invited me to train there! So now I get to assist the residents when they are here, as well as when they are considering moving in. It is keeping me busy, and I am feeling so blessed!

Even my personal life is pretty great right now. Tyler and I are now proclaiming ourselves an official couple (yay!) and he's coming out for my birthday at the end of the month! I am so excited to see him! Also, my dear dear friend Nessa will be leaving on her mission soon but before she does, she's coming to visit me. I can't wait for what this month will bring!

2009 is going to be a great year! :)

4 comments:

Cassott Kinghorn said...

whoot whoot! Horray for Tenika!!! :) I am so glad things are going so well!

misty said...

ok so when is the wedding? i am not joking if you 2 are dating now why wait, except maybe to give tyler some time. thats cool that you get to see him. i better be invited for the wedding shower and wedding. and stuff keep me posted on things please.

natalie horrocks said...

YEA!! I need to call you and get the scoop on that... but I think I didn't save your new cell phone number... want to send it to me again?
You are going to make such a good primary teacher! Yea for you!!

Megan said...

What a great start to a new year!