Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The following things have been occupying my thoughts a lot lately:

-I'm not ready for Tyler to leave again for work.  I had gotten used to having him around.  But since he hasn't had work for over a month now, we really need him to be working!  I think even harder than knowing I won't have my husband is knowing that Jamison won't have his dad.  They love playing together and I know they will both miss the time together.



-Sometimes I wonder what the point of my degree was.  I can't really do much with it, and the things I can do with it I don't seem to enjoy.  There are several women in our ward who are teachers.  They use their degree every day to help provide for their family.  I feel like a failure when I realize that after four years of college, I can't even use my degree to get a good job to support my husband through school.

-Jamison is the silliest little man.  We have had so many food fiascos.  First he vomited every time he ate.  Then he started loving everything we gave him.  Then he suddenly started refusing it.  Now he'll only eat food that has been seasoned.  Cinnamon in his rice cereal, garlic in his mashed peas.  Funny boy!



-Lately I've had little patience for people who feel the need to complain about every little thing that happens to them.  I get so tired of reading on Facebook that so and so's baby didn't sleep well last night.  They act like they are the only people who struggle with parenthood, jobs, sickness, etc.  I've spent my whole life listening to people tell me that I have the perfect life and have nothing to complain about.  I have just as much to complain about as everyone else!  And when it comes to pregnancy and baby complaints?  I have zero sympathy.  You chose to have a baby as soon as you chose to become sexually active.  Deal with the consequences.  That's not to say we don't all need to vent a little sometimes.  We all have days where everything piles up and we just need to cry a bit.  But everyone on Facebook doesn't need to hear about it every single day!  Grow up and deal with life.

-The weather in Rexburg has been so weird.  It's been really cold without snow and then random warm days (and by warm I mean like 40 degrees F...which is warm in comparison to 11 degrees F).  When it does snow (which has only happened about three times since we've moved here) it melts within a day or two.  It's like being back in South Carolina but without being able to wear flip flops, which is a bummer.

-I hate my hair.  Again.  I actually spend most of my life hating my hair.  Every time I think I like it...well, that only lasts for a day or two and then I see a picture or look at myself in the mirror and decide it actually looks dumb.  I wish I could find a hairstyle that I liked all the time.

-Hurray for Christmas.  I am looking forward to it.  I am really excited about the presents I have for everyone this year.  Some years I feel like I really have to stretch to find a good gift.  But this year, even though most everything is homemade, I'm feeling confident that people will enjoy the gifts I chose.  And that makes me happy and excited.  I can't wait to see the looks on faces and I hope they appreciate the gifts as much as I think they will.


2 comments:

Viva said...

I'm sorry things have been rough :( You are anything but a failure! You are raising a cute, happy little boy and I think that is pretty darn successful :) I understand how the psychology major is a pain for work. Ironically I am going to teacher route now :) Either way though, eventually you'll find a job to help out but really you are helping out a lot by being there and raising Jamison.
Things will work out eventually. Just keep swimming :) Just remember you are loved, you are strong, and at the end it'll be alright.

Jayme said...

My degree is no good either! :) And I totally feel you about people complaining on fb about their babies. Or pregnancy. Or any stupid choice they've made!