Thursday, August 4, 2011

I have so much to blog about and no pictures...sorry!

Kind of last minute Tyler decided he wanted to be able to spend our anniversary together. So after getting off work Friday night, he drove 9 hours and made it to Sumter at 4 am. Is that not the sweetest thing ever?! We slept in that morning and enjoyed family bonding time. We had a late lunch with Tyler's dad and then Tyler's mom baby sat Jamison for a few hours so that Tyler and I could have some alone time. I'd like to say it was romantic and magical but...really we ran errands and discussed our move.

Speaking of our move...my brother and sister are flying out in two weeks to help us on our cross-country trek! I'm excited to see them and enlist their help. And we will obviously be taking a day to go to the beach. They fly in August 17th, Tyler finishes work August 19th, and we head out of Sumter August 21st after church. We have to be in Utah by August 25th because Leisl is starting an awesome new job as a teacher and needs to be back for her training stuff.

My siblings won't get here in enough time to help me with much of the packing, so I'll be spending the next two weeks doing that on my own. I would start right away but...when Tyler came down for the weekend we decided Jamison and I should go back up and spend the week with him in Clarksville. There's a family reunion this weekend and I'll hitch a ride back to Sumter with Tyler's dad.

So here I am in a hotel room with my baby boy, trying to find ways to stay busy while Tyler works all day. I have been doing lots of reading and shopping. And here's more good news! I went to buy new pants yesterday because most of mine are too big and without realizing it...I've made it to my goal! I wanted to hit a certain pant's size before the end of the summer and I have! Hurrah!

We have yet to find jobs or an apartment in Rexburg, but I know something will work out! We just have to look and have faith and I know everything will fall into place. I know, I sound super optimistic. And I am. But I'm also really stressed. Tyler handles the unknown sooo much better than I do! I'm so glad I have him to keep me sane!

2 comments:

Lane & Kelly Snider said...

Lane and I recently moved, and packing and moving is no fun... and I am sure even less so when you are moving across the country! But we're all excited to have you back close again. Although I am sure it is bittersweet for you. I know it was pretty bittersweet for me moving back to Utah after living in Orange County for so long. I still miss it.

Ms. Abbott said...

Know I'll be thinking about you on the 22 when you are semi near me.
Good luck packing I should probably do the same we can have a packing party only in our own homes.