I woke up this morning and looked at my calendar to discover I had a doctor's appointment in 30 minutes! Yikes! I rushed to get there on time, and then found out I'd written the date down wrong and the appointment wasn't until tomorrow. Oh well, at least I made it on time...just a day early! :p
This last week was a really hard week for me emotionally, and I'm so grateful for all the support I received from friends and family.
Thank you!!!
My parents went on a cruise for their 25th wedding anniversary and were unavailable all week. My sister, brother and I all had major melt-downs due to stresses in our lives. When my parents got back I had only two things to tell them. 1-if you wanted to avoid drama, you chose a good week to leave us! 2-I don't think any of us realized how much you help us in our lives until you weren't there to help us. Thank goodness they were only gone temporarily!
Tyler and I have spent a lot of time in the past few weeks talking about our plans for the future. We are forming a tentative plan, and Tyler is actually really excited about it. We don't want him to put off school much longer so even though it will put a real strain on us financially, we will be heading back to Rexburg later this year so that Tyler can start school again in September. And even though my husband doesn't normally like school, he's really excited to go back. (I'm taking that as a sign that we are making the right choice!) I am excited to be closer to my family and friends again, but I'm not ready to go back to 7 months of winter. The weather in South Carolina is soooo glorious! I will miss it possibly more than anything else. I'm wearing flip flops, people. I wore shorts on New Year's Eve. And I just heard from a friend that it's snowing in Idaho. Sob.
(Also, I told Tyler maybe we will make it a family tradition to move on our anniversary every year....lol...it's quickly becoming a habit!)
4 comments:
I don't blame you for being sad to leave the weather (I still have CA withdrawals every winter), but you'll love being so close to family again, especially once little Jamiso is here! I bet your family is thrilled!
South Carolina weather sounds wonderful! But it sounds like things are working out well :) Tyler is excited about school and Jamison will be closer to your family! :D Don't worry...the winter has been fairly mild this year out here...not South Carolina mild but mild ;) hee hee
I'm glad you made it through the week! Being grown up is not all it's cracked up to be...when it comes to making decisions at least. :) Love you!
Happy Anniversary to your parents! =) Good for them for getting away together. Too bad for the rest of you that it coincided with stress break-downs, though. =P
Post a Comment