I just thought I should commemorate that I felt the baby kick on Tuesday. I was lying on the couch with Tyler and his arm was across my abdomen, so I thought he was jerking his elbow. I asked him to stop. He said he wasn't doing anything. And every time I felt that little poke I said, "Tyler! Are you moving?" I drove him a little crazy (I was going a little crazy!) and finally shoved his arm away. Then I realized the movement wasn't my husband's elbow...it was my baby's foot! Tyler can't feel the movements yet, but I'm excited for when he can.
Now that I recognize what it feels like, I swear I spend half my days anticipating little movements. I'm pretty sure there's more kicking going on right now. It's so crazy and exciting at the same time!
I'm now 19 weeks along and look like this:

Please ignore my half asleep husband in the background and the fact that our clothes haven't been put away (at least they are clean!).
Sometimes I just think I've gained a ton of weight, but people keep reassuring me that it's the baby...not stomach fat. And actually, my weight hasn't gone up much, but I can't get over how far my stomach pokes out!
4 comments:
That's awesome! You look great too by the way! No worries! :)
Feeling the baby move for the first time is so exciting! It was alwasy my favorite when they have the hiccups, it feels really cool! You look great, you're not big at all!!!
What a cute story, I love it! And you DO look tiny, including your little stomach (I've decided that pregnant ladies will always think they're bigger than they look to everyone else--it's just the way it is)
Yay! What a fun Christmas present! :D
Post a Comment