Thursday, June 10, 2010

Random Thoughts

There are a lot of thoughts jumbling up in my brain. I want to talk to Tyler, but he's at school so I'm writing them out instead. Sometimes it just helps.

-I had some horrible dreams last night. The first one made me angry because I was trying to talk in front of a group of people and they were all whispering to each other and listening to music and basically blatantly ignoring me even though they had come to hear me. And then they all got up and left before I was done talking. So I leave with all this stuff in my arms...major balancing act...and meet my husband and sister outside. My sister has one thing in her hands and Tyler takes it from her and then they just walk off. I'm supposed to follow...carrying all that stuff...by myself. It made me so mad! I felt incredibly disrespected. Then in the second dream we were flying in a plane and Tyler and I didn't get seats together...which sucks...and then they make us all turn off the lights because there is a plane following us. We look out the windows and there is this plane that looks suspiciously like my husband's nasty truck...
and it keeps trying to crash into us! Luckily a phone call woke me up before I had to learn the ending of that dream.

-One of my favorite people in the whole world:
gets home from her mission June 25th. Which is SO CLOSE and I just can't wait to talk to her again. I wish she lived closer because I freaking miss hanging out with her. We've been friends since fourth grade and I love this girl! Curses Missouri for being so far!

-I've been watching Glee. And although I like the music and sometimes the show is funny...there really is a lot of ridiculous drama. It's like a nighttime soap opera for music lovers. And what bugs me more than anything else...is the cheating.
Will has an emotional affair on his wife, which in turn means that Emma has an emotional affair on her fiance. Then Will starts smooching around other women when he's with Emma (which bugs me anyway because his divorce isn't even final yet!) And Quinn sleeps with Puck which results in a pregnancy when actually Finn is her boyfriend...well, I don't think I need to list it all. The point is made. I. Hate. Affairs. I hate that they are on television and movies all the time. Sometimes it even seems to me that they are glamorized. And all these people meet their soulmate while they are married to someone else...NO! I don't believe in it and I don't agree with it and it makes me SO ANGRY. It's ruining lives, people. Don't they get it? Cheating is never right in any form...no matter how mean you think your partner is. Go through the proper steps to fix your marriage...and not a single one of those steps is to cheat with your secretary at work...or in the case of Glee...the naive school guidance counselor with OCD.


-Every time I don't feel well, I jump to the assumption that I am pregnant. And I blame that on the fact that every time I'm sick, all my coworkers and half my friends jump to the assumption that I'm pregnant. I also blame it on the fact that if my friend can get pregnant when she is on the pill...well, we could all get pregnant whether we planned to or not...right?

-I think I picked the wrong career. I don't know that my job right now really counts as a career. But in general...I'm not so sure psychology was right for me. I loved the classes. LOVED them. I enjoyed learning and going to class and sometimes I even enjoyed the homework (but never the tests...) Now I'm in the real world trying to use my degree and...I hate my job. So what does that say? I just don't enjoy trying to solve these kids problems. Especially because half the time they don't see that they have a problem and they don't care to solve it. So I go in circles around them trying to get them to see the problem and WANT to fix it. And from what I hear...that's what psychology is. Yikes. If I went back for another degree...maybe I'd try social work this time.

-Tyler keeps switching up his major and what he wants to do after he graduates. (he is now going to get an Associates in December and then go on and get a Bachelors in Biology. He's decided he wants to work in Forest services somehow). I'm okay with him needing to find the right major. The average college student changes majors like 4 times. And this, for Tyler, is change number four. The problem for me is...I'm getting really restless in Rexburg. I want change. I want warmer weather. I want more to do. And a new job market wouldn't hurt either. Also, I want a place where we can have pets. When we went hiking over Memorial Day I saw a cute Beagle
and now I want one.

-My pet rat...that lives with my parents...is sick. She has a tumor. Which is actually a very common thing for female rats. But that doesn't make it a happy thing. It's on her leg and it keeps growing and eventually she will die. Not from the tumor itself but from not being able to walk as well or be as active. She has always been super active. I refer to her as a monkey rat because whenever you walk in the room, she flings herself at the side of the cage and just hangs on there, staring at you through the bars. It's hilarious. So now the question is...do we have her put down? Do we just let her die in time? Do we have the tumor removed? I know, it's just a rat.
But my whole family is very attached to her. She's adorable, I promise. For some people...it just takes getting past the tail. Admit it, she's kinda cute.

2 comments:

Tamsyn said...

If you want a change, why don't you transfer to BYU Provo? That way Tyler can finish where he left off at BYU-Idaho and there is way more going on here. I am sure you thought about that. But why not give it a try?

Megan said...

Wow, that is a lot swirling around in your head! I know what you mean about the TV shows glamorizing immorality and dishonesty. It really bugs me, too. Even if they are very "clean" as far as what language they use and what scenes they show, it seems they always present dishonesty as expected and ok.

Good luck with all the big decisions!