Wednesday, December 9, 2009

How Does She Know That You Love Her?

Anyone who has seen the Disney movie Enchanted will probably burst into song right now. The point of this blog is actually not to show you my awesome Disney singing abilities...but to list some of the millions of reasons I know my husband loves me. Like the song says he shows me "a little bit every day" through the things he does. I would feel ungrateful if I didn't list them and thank him.

-He lets me sleep in as long as possible in the morning (I'm not a morning person)

-He lets me use extra hot water in the shower...meaning less hot water overall...

-He mops the floor because he knows how much I hate doing it

-He deals with my crazy need to cut my hair every two months

-He knows I hate video games and only plays them "sparingly"

-He turns off movies when he knows I'm tired

-He stays up late with me when I can't sleep

-He helps me with the dishes/laundry/household chores

-He compliments my dinners even if he doesn't particularly like them

-He lets me take pictures even though he hates them

-He opens all my doors, all the time

-He listens when I rant and rave about stupid things

-He pretends to be interested when I talk enthusiastically about my jewelry projects

-He supports me in my job...and when I want a new job...

-He respects that I need space sometimes

-He tells me I'm beautiful

-He lets me watch my show every Wed. night and if we won't be home, he records it for me

-He doesn't complain when we have grilled cheese or corn dogs for dinner because I didn't feel like cooking

-He is ready with chocolate whenever I need it

-He humors me when I compulsively check my email four times a day "in case" my sister emails

-He helps me cook several times a week


-He calls me randomly throughout the day to see how I am doing and tell me he loves me

-He watches movies he's not interested in because he knows I want to see them

-He doesn't complain that I won't make pork or steak (I think it's nasty stuff!) and goes without

-He lives with my crazy quirks

-He paints my toenails (practice for when I'm pregnant and can't reach them!)

-He never leaves the house or hangs up the phone without telling me he loves me

-He drives when we go places together because he knows I hate driving

-He lets me listen to my Christmas music...even though it's not his style

-He works hard to bring in money for our bills

-He pays the bills each month without complaint


-He listens to me babble all night long (I don't know what it is...but when we go to bed, I suddenly have so much to say!)

-He forgives me when I accidentally hit him in my sleep

-He lets me talk even when he doesn't care one little bit about what I'm talking about

-He lets me sleep with an extra blanket even though he gets hot

-He lets me warm my cold toes under his warm legs

-He warms the car up in the mornings for me

-He cuddles when I've had a bad day

-He lets me do laundry my way (even though it's different than his way)

-He encourages me to make friends

-He wrote me a song

-He goes shopping with me

-He goes with me to get the mail...even when its FREEZING outside

-He tells me what he is thinking or how he is feeling

-He forgave me, without even yelling, when I smashed the car into a post

-He shares everything with me

-He will drop everything to give me attention

I really think this list could go on forever, but I know I've made my point. I am so incredibly lucky to have a husband as loving as Tyler. He makes me feel special each and every day...and I never doubt his love!

3 comments:

Megan said...

What a wonderful list. I'm sure you'll just be adding to it through the years, too. =)

Courtney said...

I am so happy that you found someone so wonderful for you! You sure deserve a good man, and sounds like you got one. You guys are such a cute couple and seem so happy, I hope it will continue through out the years!

Cassott Kinghorn said...

What a fun list. I'm so happy that Tyler makes you so happy :) Doesn't forever look so good?! :)