For those of you who don't know, Tyler and I have had some...interesting...experiences with our "new" truck. Every time we thought we had fixed something on it, something else would pop up that needed fixing. Friday afternoon we got it back from the shop on BYU-I campus (MUCH cheaper than any other shop in town!) and for now *knock on wood* it seems to be working.
Saturday Tyler wanted to take the truck out for a spin, so to speak, and I came along. We stopped by WalMart for a few essentials and Tyler realized he had left his wallet (and thus his driver's license) at home. He wouldn't break the law, not even when I begged, and I was forced to drive the truck home.
It was awful. I'll just leave it at that. I hated it. And it was snowing. But we made sure to take a picture (as proof) of me driving the giant thing.

My mom sent us a Christmas Countdown. Every day we get to open a little present and do an activity to help us count down to Christmas. We are a few days behind, but Saturday we made our own Gingerbread house. Or should I say...Graham Cracker house?

This is a view from the front. I'll break it down for you in a minute.

This is a view from the back. I think the back is a lot less exciting.

These are the "Little Ewok Guards" (that's what Tyler calls them.) Tyler came up with the idea for spears, and I handed him some bears to turn into guards. That's where the whole idea for a "castle" came from.

This is the princess in the bell tower. Tyler was the genius behind the bell, I simply spent forever figuring out how to make a crown for a graham cracker bear.

And...the most amazing part of our whole Gingerbread extravaganza is Tyler's DRAGON!!! The picture really doesn't do it justice, so you may need to use your imagination just a little bit. The only thing we regret is that we didn't have something a little bit...beefier...to make his legs. The pretzel sticks just aren't very intimidating...

I also thought I'd post a picture of our cute little Christmas tree. It's taken me a while to convince Tyler that we needed one. But here it is, complete with lights, and presents. YAY!
2 comments:
How fun! Your tree looks very festive -- esp with your red curtains behind. I'm curious about the activities on your countdown. Would you mind sharing?
How cute, what a good idea from your mom. First Christmas's are the best together... the start of your own little life together. It only gets better from here!
Post a Comment