WARNING: Tyler is very proud of how he put my costume together, so there are a lot of pictures.
We decided this year for Halloween we would dress Goth. We knew that D.I. would help us get most of the things we needed, and that Wal Mart could help us with the rest. We wanted to go for the WOW factor...and we feel we achieved that.

Tyler safety pinned the back of my shirt to look kind of like a corset...and also to help the shirt fit better. We bought chains from a swing set at D.I., and took the plastic coating off.

The shoes are also a D.I. find. We got the stockings (notice they have skulls running up them) from Wal Mart.

I painted my nails black and put skull decals on the thumbs. That was probably one of my favorite parts of my whole costume.

We also painted Tyler's nails black.

Here is Tyler's complete outfit. The bracelet he's wearing and the choker we made out of a belt we found at D.I. I have a bracelet too. We just cut the belt up and used safety pins to keep them on our wrists/his neck.

My full outfit.

See the piercings? My jewelry making came in handy! We used beads and put them on my little metal pins, then just twisted them into nose, ears, mouth. Tyler couldn't talk too much, or the one in his mouth would fall off.
So there you have it. Happy Halloween!
2 comments:
I think you definitely achieved the Wow factor! Great job at putting together that full Goth look with DI and Wal-mart finds! So where did you show off your look?
My friend hosted a Halloween Party. :)
Post a Comment