Monday, October 12, 2009

A Fresh Look for the Living Room

For the past few weeks I have been feeling like a crappy home decorator. I don't really have a talent in that area, and sometimes when I walk inside our apartment...it just seemed so dull. After talking it over with Tyler, we decided it would make the apartment look a lot nicer if the walls had a new coat of paint, and if we had drapes.


We talked to the manager of our complex, who said it would be fine for us to paint the walls...just as long as we got the exact same paint they had originally used. That was easy enough. The paint store they used was right next store!


So this weekend, Tyler and I ventured to Idaho Falls with our trusty wedding gift-cards to look for the perfect drapes to spice up our apartment. We were successful, and didn't have to use a cent of our own money. So thank you to all the people who gave gift-cards for our wedding!


Back home, Tyler had a lot of homework to do. But in between reading books and writing papers, he painted two of the walls and hung the drapes.


There are still a few more things I have in mind for the living room. I'd like some bigger pictures by the clock, and I want to hang The Family proclamation as well. But for now, I think the drapes add A LOT!

We also put drapes in the bedroom, but I'm not ready to take a picture of that yet...I still have more work to do in there...it lacks color even with the drapes!

2 comments:

Brush Family said...

Isn't it amazing what a new coat of paint can do for a room! Good luck with your other home improvement projects!! I know it's hard when you have an apartment - there's not as much "free reign" to do what you want.

Megan said...

How fun! Congrats on your fun changes. Good luck with the other plans you have.