Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Utah Reception

Just a few pictures from the Reception we held in Utah, to give you an idea of what it was like.

Our gorgeous backdrop. And you kind kind of see my bouquet, as well. My sister put it together. She's awesome.

My sister was also the creator of our beautiful wedding cake. And by the way, it's funfetti cake....my favorite.

Here is the food. Very important to any social gathering. And it was super delicious. Little turkey and ham sandwiches on "knot" rolls because we "tied the knot." Fresh fruit, chocolate dipped strawberries, mini cheesecakes topped with fruit, and then raspberry lemonade to drink. Can you say yummy???


These are the centerpieces for the tables. I think my mom has like 8 bags of cherry cordial kisses left over.



"Devin" enjoying our wedding cake. And so you know, there was funfetti chip frosting between the layers.


Here's a fun story for you. As Tyler and I were cutting the cake...the handle snapped off the cake knife. This is an awesome shot of what happened. Apparently we don't know our own strength. So we had to cut the cake using a knife that had no handle.


Poor little cake knife.


Tossing the bouquet was a challenge because...as you can see from this picture...I couldn't lift my arms up very high. Definitely not above my head. I couldn't turn backwards or the bouquet would probably have hit me in the face. So I closed my eyes and tossed.


And here you have the lucky eleven year old girl who caught the bouquet.
So there you have it...my Utah Reception. I will post pictures of the South Carolina open house as soon as Tyler's mom gets the pictures, so stay posted!

No comments: