Tyler was starting to complain that I was spending too much time posting stuff on the blog from my honeymoon, so I combined two things into one, even though I had enough material to give them each their own post. But then agian, you may appreciate that I didn't do individual posts.
FIRST STOP: Boone Hall Plantation (Still a working plantation...how is that for impressive?)

When you drive up to Boone Hall Plantation, your drive along a breath-taking 3/4 mile carriage lane surrounded by oak trees. This picture definitely doesn't do it justice.

Note the size of this oak tree. It's over 600 years old.

This is the cotton gin at the plantation. Don't worry, they will renevate it so that it's no longer falling over. :-p

These are the homes the slaves on the plantation lived in. We're talking...the original homes. I'm all about history.

Here it is, Boone Hall. Just so you know, this is not the original home from the plantation. Unfortunately that home was torn down, and this one replaced it back in the 1920's. However, the current owners have done their best to restore the interior so that it looks like it belongs to the original time period. And as a side note...there is Haint Blue on the top of the porch.
NEXT STOP: South Carolina Aquarium

I discovered that I have an "Aquarium" setting on my camera and had a lot of fun using it. I really badly wanted a good picture of the shark...and I would have gotten one too if he hadn't kept MOVING!!!

Jelly Fish! I absolutely LOVE the setting on my camera that allows me to take such good pictures of things behind glass. :)

To demonstrate just how large the fish in this tank are, please compare them to the boy. These fish were probably half my size. And definitely could swallow my head whole. That little boy doesn't stand a chance.

I gave up trying to make my hair look nice with all the humidity in the air, so I just started pulling it back. Thank goodness it's long enough that I can kinda do that!
Anyway...that's your tour of South Carolina. Good place!
No comments:
Post a Comment