Monday, June 15, 2009

Look at me, being all crafty!

To begin with, I would like to say that I am NOT a crafty, or creative, person. I can't draw, I can't cross-stitch, I can't knit or sew...I hate scrapbooking, painting, or anything else that might require me to make things look cute. However, after realizing how expensive it is to buy little bracelets for baptisms, and wanting to be able to give little bracelets for the girls in my primary class when they got baptized (don't worry, I plan to give the one boy in my class a tie pin, not a bracelet)...I've discovered that making jewelry is kind of fun.

With this new discovery, and a sudden burst of energy, I decided it would be awesome if I made jewelry for the girls for the wedding. And by girls I mean my mom and sister and my mother-in-law and two sisters-in-law. I made the first necklace (I had also planned to make earrings until I discovered that Tyler's sisters have very sensitive ears...as does my mom...), I decided this was going to take more effort and patience than I have.

Then yesterday, I got another burst of energy, and decided I might as well continue with the jewelry endeavor. This time the energy lasted until after I had finished all of the necklaces I would need. HURRAY!

So these pictures...which are certainly not amazing because I took them on my phone...show four of the five necklaces I made. And yes, I am a little bit proud of them.



2 comments:

Megan said...

very nice! I'm interested to see the baptism bracelets. :)

Cassott Kinghorn said...

so excitable :) way to be crafty! I am just so proud! :)