Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Good Old Days

I found a fun new thing to do in my spare time. And by spare time I mean relaxing time. Honestly, if I did all the things I need to do, I wouldn't ever have spare time. So when I take a break...

Sunday I had the brilliant idea to watch old family videos. You know, the ones of your dad walking around with the camcorder and recording you doing stupid things? And it's been so fun! We got our camcorder in about 1998. So I was 11, Devin was 9, Leisl was 7, and Wes was 3 (and I might add, amazingly adorable!)

Since cracking open the first tape, I spent 3 consecutive nights glued to the television screen, watching my siblings and I grow up. Right now I'm up to the year 2000. It is so crazy to look back on the memories, to remember those things, and to look at things I'd forgotten. For example: Wesley is now taller than me and has a low voice like my dad. Seeing him as a smiling, lisping little three year old is so crazy! I'd forgotten how adorable he was! I'd also forgotten that I started band in sixth grade with one of my friends. I remember being in band...I don't remember her doing it with me...And it's so funny to see my friends so young!

Yes, it's true, I can't wait to go home tonight and watch more of my growing up years...

P.S. Megan...I watched myself play MacBeth last night. Do you remember that? lol

1 comment:

Megan said...

I was just thinking that 1998 was the year I taught you. How could I forget that 'Macbeth'?!! I wish I could watch some of your videos, too! =D