I thought I'd better do a quick update on my life! I'm back in Utah now and have been working at the assisted living facility in Provo where I have worked on and off for the past two years. The Lord has blessed me in giving me this job. My boss was super great to work with my school schedule and always invited me to come work for him during breaks and holidays. When I was in Utah he would get me as close to 40 hours as possible because he knew how much I needed the money for school.
The day before graduation my dad called me and informed me that a new position had opened up at work (he and I have been working at the same place...but no, he is not my boss). So on the day of graduation, I called the big boss and told her I was interested in the job. She told me that she was glad because when the position came available, my name immediately popped into her head, and she'd talked to my boss in the kitchen about having me "move up" in the company.
So the Monday after graduation I went in for an interview and was hired on the spot. I make my own hours and get paid more than I was payed to work in the kitchen. It will take a while to get to that point though.
My new title is "Personal Assistant" to the residents. That means that residents hire me out to do things for them. Anything from helping them brush their teeth, change kitty litter, visit, run errands...any number of things. I get paid through the company, but it's after they charge the residents for my services. I know that sounds complicated. But the jist of it is that technically I am paid by the residents and therefore only make as much money as I have clientel. So I have to work up to having 40 hours worth of clients a week! It will take some doing but I already have a good start and the boss has been very helpful.
I hadn't even been home for a week when the bishop of my parent's ward brought me in for an interview and asked me to accept a calling. I guess I can't post it up here yet since I won't get set apart until this Sunday. But it will be an interesting new challenge for me. At the same time, I think it should be a lot of fun as long as I keep a good attitude.
My dear friend Tyler is home from his mission now, and it's been fantastic to be able to talk to him about as often as I want to. When they've been gone a long time, you sometimes forget how much you missed having them to talk to. I'm remembering now. We've already had several late night chats...oops!
That's the basics of my life right now. I keep busy and try to keep smiling. That's about all you can do!!!
1 comment:
Can't wait to hear about your calling and watch {make that 'read'} as your future unfolds!
Post a Comment