Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Life was pretty chill for a couple weeks (other than first trimester woes) and then suddenly it got crazy!  Jamison is going through this weird phase where I compare him to a PMS-ing teenage girl.  Yesterday was the first time in a week that he didn't spend most of the day whining and throwing himself on the floor in rage.  It was a nice break.  ;)


I have two crazy stories to share too.  Both of them tell you all about how awesome my husband is.  He's such a manly man and I love him so much!  Okay, sorry for the mush.  I'll just share the stories...

1-Sunday night I had to work.  And when I got off work, it was snowing.  Which was a total bummer because I didn't have a snow scraper in the car (because we had cleared everything out of the car a few weeks ago after Jamison and Tyler were in an accident and we sent it to get fixed...and we just never put the stuff back in...). It was alright though because it wasn't ice so I just used my sleeve to clear it all off the windows.  What I didn't realize, though, was that the snow had made the roads pretty slick.  Especially in my neighborhood which, if you didn't know, is on the side of a mountain.  There are HUGE hills leading up to our house.  When I got to the least steep hill in the area, which is the route I have chosen to drive all winter long, I found there were about half a dozen cars stuck on various parts of the hill.  So I did my best to navigate around them and was doing great until I had a car coming down at the same time I was trying to go around a car stuck on their way up.  Then I had to put on the brakes and I got stuck.  Boo.  So when the coast was clear I backed down the hill and started again.  And I was doing it!  YAY!  And then...a stupid van got stuck and started backing down practically on top of me!  I was mad, and a little scared.  Luckily there was enough room for me to pull out of their way but the loss of momentum left me stuck.  Boo.  I called my husband in anger and frustration and he grabbed Jamison and literally ran down the hill to come save me.  I love that man so much.  He just backed us down the hill, got a good start, and zoomed up, by-passing anyone who was going too slow.  We made it home and I was oh-so-grateful for my knight in shining armor!

2-Last night Tyler and I were sitting in the living room and suddenly we hear this weird noise in the kitchen.  It sounded like the cereal and stuff we keep on the fridge was being moved around.  We stop what we are doing and listen.  It stops.  Then it happens again.  It made me wonder if we have a mouse or something like in South Carolina.  I got up and started for the kitchen to inspect.  I wasn't quite to the kitchen yet when I heard something sliding.  It sounded like a window being opened.  I turned back to Tyler and said in an urgent whisper, "Tyler, that sounded like our window opening!"  So Tyler grabbed me and headed to our bedroom.  "Stay in there," he instructed.  Then he grabbed his gun and loaded it.  (We don't keep it loaded for obvious reasons but it sure takes a lot of time to load when you are anxious about your safety!!!)  My heart was pounding and I realized this was kind of serious.  I almost started crying, but I held it together.  Tyler grabbed some extra bullets and headed back to the kitchen.  I sat on our bed and listened for anything.  That's when I realized...oh my gosh, I don't even have my phone.  It was sitting next to me on the chair but I didn't grab it!  I can't even call 911 if I need to!  All these horrible scenarios started going through my head...you know, like a robber with a gun, my husband being shot, anyone being shot really...and even illogical things like, "They've come to kidnap Jamison!"  I didn't hear anything at first and I'm shivering with fear and fighting back tears.  Then I hear someone creeping down the hall.  All I can assume is that it's Tyler because I didn't hear a scuffle in the kitchen. Then Tyler is back.  "All the windows are closed," he said.  "And all the windows on that side of the house have bars over them."  I'd forgotten about that.  But we still can't shake the feeling that it sounded like a window opening.  We double check the entire house, just in case.  Tyler going first with a flashlight and the gun.  The whole time I'm wondering how I'm going to sleep at night.  Tyler even goes outside to look for footprints in the snow.  Nothing.  So we go back to the kitchen to inspect.  Ready for the punch line?  A bag of cereal we had on top of the fridge had slid down the side of the fridge, between the fridge and the wall, and that's what all the noise was.  Yup.  Because of a bag of cereal, I thought we were being robbed and Tyler was walking around the house with a loaded gun.  Now that it's over and I'm breathing normally again, I guess it's kind of funny.  But the feelings associated with thinking someone is breaking into your house are still too real and scary for me to laugh.  I'm so grateful that Tyler can stay cool in situations like this!  Phew, glad that's over and we are all okay and it wasn't anything more serious than rogue cereal!

Is life crazy of what?!  Now for some more normal things....Jamison and I have played indoors a lot because of all the snow, inversion making the air awful, and COLD!  But yesterday Jamison begged to go out in the snow (which is so weird for him!).  So we went outside and he walked back and forth along the sidewalk in front of our door for like 20 minutes, stomping the snow with his shoes.  Then I told him we should go out back and see how it looked with all the snow.  It was really pretty and I'm glad we went back there, even though I hate being cold and snowy and I didn't have appropriate footwear.  Jamison and I walked around the yard and then he got upset about getting snow in his shoe and also he didn't want to wear his socks anymore (socks on his hands because I can't find his mittens anywhere...) so we went inside. Here are some fun pictures though:


Consider yourselves updated.  :)

6 comments:

Emerson and Cassandra said...

What great stories and what a good husband you have :) And, may I say, that little boy is simultaneously adorable and hilarious?

Jayme said...

Haha, my first thought was that Jamison had gotten hungry and into the cereal himself! Glad all is well :)

Jessica said...

I would have been freaking out too! i've already decided that when devin is gone this summer i'm moving in with my parents so i don't freak my self out! haha your the best. thanks for sharing!

Cassott Kinghorn said...

I'm so glad I can come and get updated on your life :D Jamison is so big! I love his hat :D So cute.
Just know I love you and care about what's going on in your life, friend :) Sorry I've done poorly the last 6 months-ish...it's been rough, but it's getting better :D

Laura said...

Glad it was just a box of cereal. I would be scared to death too!

Emerson and Cassandra said...

I just have to add: I sympathize about the whiny teenage toddler thing...that is a perfect way to describe my own little angel.
And, funnily enough, I've had the EXACT same thing happen with a cereal bag between the fridge and the wall. The noise scared me to death!