Wow, it's been a crazy week! To answer the most common question I've been getting the past two weeks, I've begun working where I used to work while I was making money to get through college. In the dining room at Courtyard at Jamestown Assisted Living Community.
Before I could start work, though, I had to get a TB test. They prick your skin and you go back two days later to make sure you didn't react. Guess what?
I did. So then I had to get a chest X-ray. They didn't let me keep it, but the good news is that my chest looks just lovely and TB free. It's possible that the disease is lurking in my body, waiting for the perfect time to attack but you can't really prove that without blood work and then 9 months of antibiotics and for now I'm going to opt out of that because...I don't think I really have TB. I had the BCG immunization as a baby (outside of the US you get immunized for TB) and so it's probably somehow related to that...hopefully....
I spent a lot of time running back and forth from my dad (who is the nurse at Courtyard) and the health department and a million other places this week. Jamison spent so much time seeing my dad that now every time we get in the car he thinks we are going to see Grandpa. And the ducks. He is obsessed with the ducks.
This weekend I didn't work so I insisted we do a few fun holiday things. We took Jamison to see Santa at RC Willey. They were letting you take pictures with him for free! Jamison didn't talk to Santa at all but he did sit on his lap and accept a candy cane and as we left he shared a Chinese grin with him.
Unfortunately, the picture they took got erased somehow and when we tried to re-create the beauty of that picture, Jamison wasn't as eager to participate. When I tried to move out of the picture he screwed his face up and I could tell he was ready to scream, so I went back to him and ended up in the picture. He doesn't look too thrilled but at least he isn't crying!
Before we left RC Willey we browsed a bit. Jamison enjoyed looking at all the balloons they had around the store. And he and Tyler both spent a few minutes watching Tangled in 3-D. I think they both look adorable in the 3-D glasses!
Then we took Jamison to see the lights in the Riverwoods. He was enthralled. He loves looking at Christmas trees and Christmas lights and he had to stop and touch every tree. He'd place his finger on it and pet the branch and whisper "soft" (which is what I've been telling him whenever he starts yanking the balls on our tree). It was adorable.
The holidays are so much more fun when I get to share the joy of them with my son! I hope that despite working most nights we'll be able to fit in a few more fun holiday things before Christmas is over. :)
3 comments:
Looks like it's been busy! I hope you are having a great holiday and had a wonderful Christmas :)
Your little man is growing up! He's adorable. That's awesome you're at Jamestown. I'll always be grateful for that job. The hours were great while going to school and I loved all the elderly. Sounds the job will work perfect for you guys :)
Tenika, you look great! Love your haircut and that coat!
And Jamison is definitely rocking the glasses. :)
I'm sorry to hear about your TB scare. Not. fun.
Post a Comment