Sunday, October 28, 2012

We've had another adventurous week, though luckily not in the scary way of last week.  And I have pictures to go with it all...well, most of it anyway....YAY!

We had the ward Halloween Carnival on Wednesday.  There was a lot of noise so Jamison was a little overwhelmed but he enjoyed winning a cupcake in the cake walk and getting a candy when he went "fishing".  And he got to see one of his friends!





Thursday we had our first snowfall of the season.  Our whole family was not impressed.  Tyler and I were on the verge of just packing up and moving.  We are not snow people.  And Jamison?  I'd show you the video but it won't load, so let me just describe it.  I opened the front door and Jamison looked out and then he cried and ran to me.  So I tried to calm him down and get him to look at/touch the snow and he cried some more.  These picture should help you understand:



Like I said, we just aren't snow people.

Luckily the rest of the week the weather warmed up.  We took Jamison to a pumpkin patch.  Tyler didn't really get "the point" of getting Jamison a pumpkin but I like having fun traditions and I knew that Jamison would love it.  Every time he sees a pumpkin he points at it and says, "It's a cook!"  It's darling.  And his response to all the "cooks" at the pumpkin patch?  Priceless.  He was laughing and kept exclaiming and pointing, "oh it's a cook!"  We picked one up and we told him he could take it home.  Every morning he likes to go outside and look at his "cook."  Love that kid!

 





We also went to the Pumpkin Parade hosted at a local strip mall thingy (I don't know what they classify themselves as but I would say it's a fancy strip mall).  I had heard there would be a lot of jack-o-lanterns that local people had done and I thought it would be fun for all of us.  There weren't actually that many jack-o-lanterns but it was fun for Jamison all the same.  He (of course) loved the pumpkins but there was also trick or treating, a petting zoo, and a hay ride.  And it was all free!




Jamison had his second Sunday of nursery today even though he doesn't hit 18 months until Friday.  Tyler and I were teaching Sunday School and so we took Jamison to nursery last week to get him used to the idea before we had to worry about our class.  He's doing alright.  Last week he was super happy to play with all the toys.  This week he sat on the leaders' laps the whole time but I think that may be because he is teething.  Hopefully he'll be happy again next week!  

So Tyler and I were supposed to teach Sunday School this Sunday but we didn't know where our classroom was located, we'd never met the kids, and we haven't even been set apart (a special blessing given when you get a new calling at church.  Like extra help from God).  I don't know about Tyler, but I was a little worried how the day would go.  And then we couldn't find our kids when we did find the classroom!  No one was there and no one could tell us where our class was.   We asked a member of our bishopric and then the Sunday School president but no one knew.  So we went to the adult Sunday School class.  After we'd been in there about 30 seconds the Sunday School president came and told us our class had been found, they'd gone to another kid's home to try and convince him to come to church.  I'm glad we got it sorted out.  Our lesson went well and though we'd been warned the kids could be a handful (12 kids that are 14 and 15 years old....) they were good (granted only 6 of them were there...).  

Oh yeah...I am not training for a triathlon anymore.  Just wanted to say that in case anyone was thinking I was cool and hardcore.  There are 3 reasons.  1-I don't have a bike.  2-I don't have a pool.  3-I have a stress fracture in my foot.  Pretty legit reasons, right?  Still, as much as I didn't want to train I WAS looking forward to being sexy and skinny.  Now thanks to my injury I can only do low-impact aerobics and pilates for the next 6-8 weeks.  I'm gonna be a fatty.  






2 comments:

Jump :) said...

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE A FATTY!!!!! TAKE IT BACK!!!!! I MEAN IT!!!

You & I both have to work @ being healthy but you know what we'll both get there!! PROMISE!!

Viva said...

Traditions are fun and it looks like Jamison loved every minute of it!! You are not fat either! You're doing what you can to be healthy and that is what matters :)