Monday, August 30, 2010

What Do You Want Them To Know?

I was thinking the other day...what if the last thing you said to someone today...was the last thing you ever got to say to them? Would you feel like you'd said enough? Would you feel guilty for what you did or didn't say?

I don't ever want to regret what I say to people. Sometimes I speak out of anger or frustration....something I need to work on.

But hopefully my family and my friends know that I love them. Do you?


I think this man knows that he means the absolute world to me. And I made sure to tell him before he left for work this morning.

Fighting is so petty.

My challenge to myself and anyone else who would like to participate: let people know how much you care. Use words and actions to express your love for them. Don't let them leave doubting your feelings.

2 comments:

Cassott Kinghorn said...

Thanks Tenika, you're amazing! I love you, just for the record :D

Megan said...

Such a good reminder! It's so easy to take our blessings {and our loved ones} for granted. Isn't it ironic that the big thing we covenant to do at baptism is to REMEMBER? If we're really keeping that covenant ever-present in our minds {& hearts} that's when we recognize that our lives just overflow with blessings.