Have you ever stopped to think how much what you do can affect other people? Even the small things that we think don't matter....can matter. What an intense thought!
I remember when my littlest brother was about 4 or 5. He and I went into the bathroom at the same time to brush our teeth. After a few seconds of brushing, I realized that Wesley was mirroring my every move. Every tooth I brushed, he then brushed. Every time I took the toothbrush out of my mouth, he did.
And I realized in that moment (I even remember writing in my journal about it) that there is always someone watching us. Someone who will notice what we do or don't do. We should always ALWAYS be doing our best...even when we think no one will care or pay attention.
After all, who knew that brushing my teeth could have an affect on someone else? But it did. What if I hadn't brushed properly? Would Wesley have begun brushing his teeth ineffectively? What could that have lead to? Cavities? A life full of bad teeth? And then would he have passed that on to other people? His kids? Could my one day of bad tooth brushing have affected generations? Maybe not. But then again....maybe.
We have a responsibility not only to ourselves, but to everyone we might come in contact with, to be our best selves all the time...because we never know who may need our example to help them out.
No comments:
Post a Comment