Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Looking for a Mini Get-Away

Tyler is stressed with school (probably most specifically with his five credit math class), and family responsibilities...

I am stressed with work, my new calling, and a plethora of other (mostly insignificant) things...

So I'm hoping this weekend we can take some time to relax.

I'm trying to come up with a fun, romantic, activity we can do that won't take too much time (since we can't just abandoned our other responsibilities completely) or too much money.

Any suggestions?

And as a sort of P.S....I read this quote today and it hit me really hard. Anyone else remember it from conference?
"True love requires action. We can speak of love all day long-we can write notes or poems that proclaim it, sing songs that praise it, and preach sermons that encourage it-but until we manifest that love in action, our words are nothing but sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal." --President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

2 comments:

Tamsyn said...

Why not get a little cabin in Island Park? There is pretty river close by, it almost looks like a little beach. Bryce and I would swim in there all the time. You could just relax in a little cabin with good scenery and a camp fire. How does that sound?

Tenika Dennis said...

Tamsyn that sounds so fun! We probably couldn't do it this weekend but I will definitely keep it in mind for the future, thank you!