
First thing yesterday morning I made the cupcakes, giving them plenty of time to cool before I got ready to decorate them. (oh, and for fun I put a little dollop of raspberry preserves in the center before I baked them!) I waited three or fours hours before I made the frosting. I had grand plans of piping it on all pretty and making them look like fantastic gourmet cupcakes.
Fail. The frosting was really liquidy. So I added some powdered sugar. Still liquidy. I added more. That should be good, I thought. I tried piping the frosting. It melted right down the sides of the cupcake (you can see that in the picture).
In other news...I recently spent the last of my birthday money to purchase some new shirts. And can I just say I love when you find a gently/not at all used shirt at DI??? I bought four. You can see two of them in these pictures.
And...just a quick announcement that makes me happy. I will be going down to Utah for Easter! Hurray! Originally my family had planned to come up here but because of scheduling and a few things...it just makes more sense for me to go down. While I'm there I will get to see two really good friends, go to my cousin's sealing in the Salt Lake Temple, and shop for a dress for my sister-in-law's wedding. Good times.
3 comments:
Yay for happy times and the cupcakes were AMAZING! Thanks friend! :)
Haha, that's funny! Not to worry, every time I cook some thing goes wrong and then I feel like a terrible wife because I feel like I should know this stuff and then I start crying because I feel like a failure and then my husband has to comfort and take over in the kitchen, so I can cry on my bed like a baby and then, we end up eating more burnt, failure food because my husband can't cook any more than I. Isn't being a wife so wonderful? lol.
I can't get over the fanciness of that wedding gift basket! I'm sorry you weren't happy with how they turned out; it sounds like they were well-received, though. =)
Post a Comment