Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mixing it Up.

Tonight I was in a creative mood, so I pulled out my beads and began working on some jewelry. As I finished each piece, I would show it to Tyler for his stamp of approval. After a while, he started to look at the beads I had sitting out. A few minutes later he announced, "I think I have an idea for one." So I handed him some beading wire and away he went...making this bracelet: (with just a little help attaching the latch)

Pretty impressive for a guy, right?

I decided today must have been "walk in my shoes" day or something. Because this morning, I wore one of Tyler's hats. And I actually ended up wearing it all day. I'm not normally a hat person, but it WAS kind of nice not to have to do my hair. :)


We've had an expensive week and a half as we continue to learn of things that need to be fixed on the truck to keep it running. Saturday we went to Les Schwab for a quote on something and the next thing you know we are buying new wheels. The worker told us that the other wheels weren't safe for the road because they could fall off at any time and he couldn't let us leave until we got it fixed.

We also discovered that the choke is broken, which explains why the truck struggles so much to start in the cold. Slowly but surely, however, we are fixing our $200 truck up. I'd still say it's in pretty good condition for being 23 years old, but I cringe every time I learn of another part the truck is missing or needs replaced.

Tyler has also spent a lot of timing cleaning up the exterior of the truck. I think so far he has spent 4 hours rubbing compound and polish on the hood. Now he only has the rest of the vehicle to go...It's looking really good though.

We are beginning to prepare ourselves for another semester of school. Tyler has been figuring out his class schedule and he told me that he will never be home this next semester. I guess that's the price I pay for marrying a man who hadn't finished college yet!

Other than that, life is just a lot of the same old stuff. I work afternoons/evenings and Tyler waits for more work. His boss is telling him that at this point he'll be leaving March 21st. Nothing is set in stone (with that company nothing ever is!), so we are just enjoying every day and waiting to see when we'll have to separate again.

No comments: