Monday, January 4, 2010

The Positive Side of Snow

One of my resolutions for this year is to try to look on the positive side of things. Over the past few days, I feel like I've been thrown a lot of situations I could view negatively. And I'll admit that in a few of the situations I have been kind of negative. But I'm working on it.

We had a lot of snow in Rexburg last week. I've never been a huge fan of snow. Especially when I have to drive in it, or walk through the slush it becomes once others have driven through it. However, with my new positive attitude, I decided snow isn't so bad. I can at least admire its beauty.

I don't know if Rexburg has more trees in comparison to Utah, or if I just never appreciated it until I was older, but I love how the snow looks in the trees up here! The other day when Tyler and I were out for a drive, I took some pictures so that I could share that beauty with those of you who couldn't witness it for yourselves. (Just be aware that I took all these pictures through the window of a moving car!)

This is possibly my favorite picture. Look at the gorgeous, untouched, snow on the ground. And the fence off to the side, covered in snow...and the trees, covered in snow...

The best sight in the summer or the winter; rain, snow, sleet, hail, sunshine, midnight...you get the point. I LOVE THE TEMPLE!!!

I'm also a big fan of pine trees with snow on the branches. And there are a lot of nice pine trees in Rexburg. So a big thanks to whoever has been planting them around town for years. :)

It seems like there are trees everywhere that I had never noticed before, and all just covered in a blanket of white. It's so beautiful!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

It really is beautiful! I too am not a big fan of the snow, but your pictures turned out great! And good job at being positive, that is something I am trying to work on too.

Megan said...

I have always loved snow. I miss it out here in rain-land! Those are beautiful pictures; thanks so much for sharing with those of us who are snow-deprived this year. =D

Mindy Hill said...

You are so sweet, we all need to try to look on the bright side more. Thanks for the reminder! XO

Cassott Kinghorn said...

Gorgeousness!